Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Adventure of the Tricky Title

I'm not great at coming up with interesting titles. Actually, you could probably say that I'm painfully terrible at it. My paper titles usually tend to run along the lines of "The Effect of AIDS Education on Women Empowerment in Sub-Saharan Africa" or "El tiempo en Continuidad de los parques." Informative, yes. Interesting? Well, maybe not so much. So I put quite a lot of time into coming up with a title I could be proud of.

Some of you may be a little bit confused about the title, and how on earth it is relevant to me and/or my studies in Chile. So, a little bit of backstory:

My freshman year of college, I ran across a magical movie called How to Train Your Dragon. My roommate and I watched it to death -- I want to say we watched it probably seven times in a semester? Maybe more than that. We can quote passages if you prompt us. Anyway, at one point I changed my name in her phone to Hiccup, and the name stuck -- now, more often than not, she calls me Hiccup instead of Becca.

So, as you can see, the title of this blog pertains to me just a little bit, and not at all to my studies in Chile. But it made me giggle for a good 5 minutes when I thought of it, so I'm going to call it good!

No comments:

Post a Comment