Monday, January 28, 2013

T-minus 3 Days To Adventure (I)

-An explanation-

There is a (I) after this adventure because this isn't actually the big Adventure.

This is the preliminary adventure, where I visit all of my lovely friends in Washington and then swing by San Francisco to pick up my visa! More on that later, though -- right now, the focus is Washington!

-Important Information Everyone Should Know-

I will be in Washington from Thursday, January 31 to Monday, February 4. I will be IN WASHINGTON and I want to see all of you Washingtonians before I leave!!

I realise that a lot of my posts make it look like I hate being at home. That is absolutely not true -- I love Salt Lake, and I love spending time with my family at home. But I also love keeping busy and having a lot of things to do, and that is unfortunately just not the case when I've been at home for a long time. Without things like classes, homework, lacrosse, work, clubs, meeting with friends, and general shenanigans keeping me running about, I tend to alternate between a dull, bitter lethargy and endless energy built up through pent up frustration. As you can imagine, neither of those are a lot of fun for people around me to deal with (nor are they much fun for me to deal with).

That's one of the reasons why I am beyond thrilled to be able to visit Washington in just a few days! I intend to keep myself busy visiting people, stopping by meetings and practices, and in general poking my nose around where it doesn't really belong. My goal is to be so exhausted by next Thursday that I collapse at home and sleep for days. Actually, I changed my mind. My goal is to run around and visit people and have them so exhausted that by the end of my visit they collapse and sleep all weekend. Because, really, you guys probably all need the sleep anyways.

-A confession-

I love you guys a lot, and I really miss you.

But I'm still not going to hold back any of the energy that's been slowly building up since the beginning of January.

Aren't you excited to see me now? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment